- 8 Documentaries to Screen for Women's History Month 2018
The theme for Women’s History Month 2018 this March is “Nevertheless She Persisted”
- Featured Event: 'Raising Bertie' at the Peter White Public Library
Join the Peter White Public Library in Marquette, MI for a free screening of Raising Bertie as part of their monthly DocuMonday film series, February 5th at 7:00pm.
- AMERICA REFRAMED UNFILTERED: People Do Care
In the following UNFILTERED blog post, the team behind Gentlemen of Vision share how audiences connect to authentic characters and heartfelt storytelling.
- Critical Acclaim for '500 Years'
A roundup of some critical acclaim for ‘500 Years.’
- Featured Event: 'From Damascus to Chicago' and '4.1 Miles' at the One Journey Festival
Come down to the One Journey Festival in Washington, DC for a free screening of ‘From Damascus to Chicago’ and ‘4.1 Miles’, January 31st at 6:30pm.
- POV's 'Last Men in Aleppo' Receives Historic Academy Award Nomination for Best Documentary Feature
First Syrian feature film to be nominated for an Academy Award.
- A Challenging Look at the Militarization of Police in America, ‘Do Not Resist,' Airing February 12, 2018 on POV
‘Do Not Resist’ has its national broadcast premiere on the PBS documentary series POV (Point of View) on Monday, February 12, 2018.
- 'Kangaroo: A Love-Hate Story' Is an Eye-Opening Look at the Treatment of Australia's National Animal
Why the filmmakers behind ‘Kangaroo: A Love-Hate Story’ want Australians to take a closer look at the treatment of kangaroos.
- How POV Became Former Executive Producer Simon Kilmurry's Very Own “Film School”
In our blog’s ongoing series of former EPs writing about POV’s 30th anniversary, Simon Kilmurry recalls how he first came across POV as a viewer.
- How Director Kasper Collin Made Jazz Doc 'I Called Him Morgan' with Just a Few Notes
Filmmaker Kasper Collin shares the seven-year process of making the celebrated ‘I Called Him Morgan.’
- Critical Acclaim for 'Almost Sunrise'
A roundup of some critical acclaim for ‘Almost Sunrise.’
- Collaboration Is Key in Flaherty NYC's “Common Visions”
2018 Winter/Spring 2017 series “Common Visions”
- Five POV Films and Resources to Celebrate Black History Month
Celebrate and learn with five POV films for Black History Month.
- Honor Martin Luther King Jr. Day with POV Films on Race and Poverty
For Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. day this January, bring conversations race and poverty to your community with these POV materials.
- Featured Event: 'Almost Sunrise' at the Lutheran Theological Southern Seminary
Join the Lutheran Theological Southern Seminary in Columbia, SC for a free screening of ‘Almost Sunrise’, January 17th at 6:30pm.
- 4 Tips to Making a Successful Documentary Series: Former EP Cara Mertes on POV's 30th Anniversary
What makes a successful television documentary series? Cara Mertes gives us some tips as part of our blog’s ongoing series of former EPs reflecting on 30 years.
- ‘Bill Nye: Science Guy’ Fights for Science Documentary of TV Personality and Climate Advocate Coming to POV Wednesday, April 18, 2018 in Celebration of Earth Day
‘Bill Nye: Science Guy’ by David Alvarado and Jason Sussberg has its national broadcast and streaming debut on the PBS documentary series POV and pov.org on Wednesday, April 18, 2018 at 10 p.m. (check local listings).
- American Documentary Heads Into 2018 With New Board Members
American Documentary (AmDoc), the parent organization of the PBS documentary series POV, announced the addition of John Limotte and Joi Thomas to the board of directors today.