- How to Navigate Tribeca 2018's Strong Documentary Slate
Tribeca's Director of Programming Cara Cusumano shares her nonfiction recommendations for the 2018 Tribeca Film Festival.
- 'Kangaroo: A Love-Hate Story' Is an Eye-Opening Look at the Treatment of Australia's National Animal
Why the filmmakers behind 'Kangaroo: A Love-Hate Story' want Australians to take a closer look at the treatment of kangaroos.
- How Director Kasper Collin Made Jazz Doc 'I Called Him Morgan' with Just a Few Notes
Filmmaker Kasper Collin shares the seven-year process of making the celebrated 'I Called Him Morgan.'
- Doc Soup's Top Ten Documentaries of 2017
The wait is over—Doc Soup Man shares his top ten documentaries of 2017. What's on your list?
- How the Current State of Politics Influenced DOC NYC's 2017 Programming
DOC NYC's Basil Tsiokos talks politics and programming with Doc Soup's Tom Roston.
- 'A River Below' Is Not Your Typical Environmental Documentary
Director Mark Grieco on how his new documentary 'A River Below' unfolded.
- The Emmys or The Oscars? The Award Show Flexibility for Documentaries
The golden opportunity for documentaries during awards season.
- 'Trophy' Dives Into the World of Big Game Hunting and Wildlife Conservation
'Trophy' aims to challenge notions surrounding big game hunting and wildlife conservation.
- The Films to Watch From TIFF 2017's Documentary Slate
The power packed documentary slate of 2017's Toronto International Film Festival.
- Sam Green on Crowdfunding A Live Documentary with the Kronos Quartet
Filmmaker Sam Green on crowdfunding A Thousand Thoughts, a "live documentary" in which he will appear alongside the Kronos Quartet.
- Hot Docs 2017: Stellar Film Pitches, Riveting Screenings and Discovering Filmmakers
You can never see it all at Hot Docs, but at least you can figure out as soon as you can.
- Early Highlights from Hot Docs 2017: 'City of Ghosts,' 'Pre-Crime'
Every year, Toronto dedicates itself to documentaries for a week with Hot Docs.
- Virtual Reality at Tribeca 2017: An Experience in Progress
The tech phenomenon remains uncharted ground for nonfiction filmmakers.
- An Insider's Look at the Documentaries of Tribeca 2017
Tribeca's Director of Programming Cara Cusumano gives an inside look at festival's 2017 slate.
- Telling the Story of Mental Illness in 'God Knows Where I Am'
How Linda Bishop's story speaks to state of mental illness in the U.S.
- With Graphic Imagery, 'Cries From Syria' Calls on Audiences to See Conflict's Harsh Reality
Director Evgeny Afineevsky aims to make audiences think, re-evaluate, and learn.
- 2017 Academy Awards: The A-List Contenders for Best Feature Documentary and Best Documentary Short Subject
The stellar documentary competition for the 89th Academy Awards.
- A TV Film or a Film on TV: 'O.J. Simpson: Made in America' Puts the Divide in Doubt
Is categorizing a documentary a meaningless endeavor in the first place?