- Upcoming POV Screenings
Check out the great lineup of POV films being screened across the country this week! Don’t forget to visit our local events calendar for a full list of events.
- Documentary Filmmakers: You Call That A Trailer?
What's the deal with documentary trailers? Tom Roston considers some of the best and most disappointing doc trailers he's seen and wonders if they're a marketing tool finally on the upswing in the documentary world.
- Watch the POV Documentary 'Armadillo' Online Starting November 9, 2013 (For Free!)
Armadillo is available for streaming free on POV from November 9, 2013 through December 8, 2013.
- Emmy 2012: Watch the Award-Winning POV Films – Free!
Looking to watch some of the best documentaries from the past year? For a limited time, we're streaming the four documentaries that won 2012 Emmy Awards, including Best Documentary Last Train Home.
- Emmy 2012: Watch Four Best Documentary Nominees Now Streaming on POV!
Good news doc lovers! POV is pleased to announce streaming of many of its documentaries up for Emmy awards this year, including the four POV films that are up for Best Documentary!
- POV Films Garner A Record 16 Emmy Nominations!
We are humbled this morning to have received a record 16 nominations in the 33rd News and Documentary Emmy Awards, including four nominations for Best Documentary.
- Upcoming POV Community Screenings Commemorate Veterans Day
POV community partners honor Veterans Day with screenings of the documentaries Where Soldiers Come From, Armadillo and The Way We Get By.
- Upcoming POV Community Screenings
POV is bringing documentaries including 'Steam of Life,' 'Armadillo,' 'Sweetgrass' and 'Calavera Highway' to communities across the country this weekend, with post-screening Q&As and discussions about critical social issues.
- Broadcast of 'Armadillo' Prompts Reactions to War in Afghanistan
Each Friday, we share a selection of comments relating to the week's documentary broadcast. This week, viewers watched Armadillo, the Danish war documentary that sparked controversy about the Afghanistan war in its home country.
- Journalist Matthieu Aikins Responds to 'Armadillo'
Matthieu Aikins is a journalist whose writing on Afghanistan has appeared in Harper's, the Guardian, the Walrus, and other publications. He splits his time between Kabul and New York.
- What Critics Are Saying About 'Armadillo' – Watch It Tonight!
The critics are buzzing about Armadillo, the Danish war documentary that sparked controversy about the war in Afghanistan in its home country.
- Doc Soup: What 'Armadillo,' 'The Tillman Story' and 'Restrepo' Teach Us
POV's Doc Soup Man, Tom Roston, revisits three recent documentaries about war.
- Next on POV: 'Armadillo'
POV's 24th season on PBS continues Tuesday, August 30, 2011, with the U.S. broadcast premiere of the Cannes Critics' Week Grand Prix winner Armadillo, one of the most dramatic and candid accounts of combat to come out of Afghanistan.
- Upcoming POV Community Screenings
As POV gears up for an exciting fall lineup of documentary films, community partners across the country are gearing up for another week of exciting screenings — all free and open to the public!
- Catch a Sneak Peek of the Upcoming Season of POV!
Celebrating its 24th season on PBS in 2011, POV features the work of the best independent documentary filmmakers from America and around the world. This season, POV films examine such diverse topics as the last generation of children to grow up behind the “Iron Curtain” of the USSR, the lives of soldiers before, during and […]