As 2016 comes to a close, we are capping the year with one of the largest film campaigns in POV‘s history. In partnership with American Graduate and leading organizations around the country, the POV and All the Difference film team launched the “Make All the Difference” campaign to mobilize students, families, educators, mentors and PBS stations to support first-generation students and young men of color on the path to college completion. The campaign combined the experience and resources of POV, key stakeholders and community partners to present a series of on-air, online and on-the-ground activities before, during and after the broadcast.
Some key highlights include:
- 22.7 million reached through national press coverage
- 160+ screening events held in 32 states and 87 cities
- 16,500+ audience members attended live screening events
- A screening and panel discussion at the White House
- A nationwide paid media campaign, including POV’s first-ever hip-hop and urban radio media campaign
- 88% of audience members said that they are now considering trying or doing something different to impact youth
- 64% of students who attended screenings said that they now plan take more responsibility for their education
- 71% of education professionals who attended screenings said that they now plan to learn how they can support first-generation college students
To see the full reach and impact of the campaign, read the “Make All the Difference” Campaign Report here.
All the Difference is part of American Graduate: Let’s Make It Happen, a national public media initiative made possible by the Corporation for Public Broadcasting to help local communities keep more students on the path to graduation, college and careers. This campaign report highlights the campaign’s goals, target audiences and key partners, as well as special events organized with community organizations and policymakers around the country.