- How They Made “The Aatsinki Season”
We asked filmmaker Jessica Oreck and interactive developers Mike Knowlton and Hal Seigel how they generated the ideas that became the interactive project and how they managed their collaboration.
- 18 Days in Egypt Co-Creator Jigar Mehta
Journalist-turned-web-documentarian Jigar Mehta tells POV about treating documentary filmmaking like a startup company, hiring crowdsourcing evangelists (with help from Kickstarter) and re-inventing the participatory documentary on the fly.
- Theo Rigby on Prototyping 'Immigrant Nation' at Hot Hacks (Part Two)
Theo Rigby (Sin País (Without Country)) is taking his next project to the web, and he’s blogging about his experience. In this post, Rigby reveals the Immigrant Nation prototype, a product of a weekend of "hacking" with Mozilla developers in Toronto.
- Theo Rigby on Prototyping 'Immigrant Nation' at Hot Hacks (Part One)
Theo Rigby, director of Sin País (Without Country), is taking his next project to the web, and he's blogging about his experience working with Mozilla developers at Hot Hacks, which is about to get underway at Hot Docs in Toronto.
- Game On: Zach Wise on How Video Games Are Influencing Documentaries
Documentarians are taking cues from video games to expand their audience and tell new kinds of stories. Multimedia producer Zach Wise offers thoughts on "gamification" for independent filmmakers.