- Follow the film's social media to find out which activists are in need of immediate support and learn about ways to get involved: http://hooligansparrow.com/urgent-action/
Or find ways to support other human rights activists across the globe via organizations like Movements.org or Amnesty International.
- Using Hooligan Sparrow's political creativity as inspiration, raise awareness about violence against women and girls in your own community and engage people in conversations about ways to prevent it.
- Convene a panel discussion on the limits of free speech and whether its boundaries include nudity.
- Hold a one-day POV film festival focused on Chinese human rights activists, screening Hooligan Sparrow, Ai Weiwei: The Fake Case and High Tech, Low Life.
- Examine China's track record with regard to the agreements it has signed related to women's and human rights (e.g., the 1995 Fourth World Conference on Women Beijing Declaration and the United Nations Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination Against Women). Urge your political representatives to hold governments accountable for the human rights treaties they sign.
- Make your own documentary or start your own citizen blog covering underreported stories in your community.