Radical attorney William Kunstler championed the underdogs in some of the most important civil rights and anti-war cases of that contentious era known as the 1960s. By the 1980s, he was representing some of the most reviled defendants in America -- accused terrorists, rapists and mobsters. William Kunstler: Disturbing the Universe is a portrait of Kunstler from a surprising perspective. In the film, Emily Kunstler and Sarah Kunstler attempt to reconcile the heroic movement lawyer from the past with the father they knew.
In their filmmaker interview, Emily Kunstler and Sarah Kunstler explain that they hope the story of their father's life will inspire audience members to act and speak out when they see injustice. Here are a variety of ways that you can spread the word about William Kunstler: Disturbing the Universe.
Host a Screening - For Free!
Join POV's Community Network to borrow William Kunstler: Disturbing the Universe for free screenings in your community, classroom, staff trainings, or workshops.
- REGISTER: Join the POV Community Network.
- ACTIVATE: Check your inbox for an activation link and temporary password (email email@example.com if you do not receive this email).
- REQUEST: Log in to your POV account and click "Create an Event" to register your screening(s) and request the film.
- SCREEN: We'll send the DVD to you about one month prior to your event, then you send it back to us after the event. It's that easy!
Here is everything you need to run a successful POV film screening:
- POV Partner Agreement
- Step-By-Step Guide to Hosting a Screening
- Press Release
- Press Photos
- Logos: POV, Web Badge.
- Media Contact Form
- Audience Survey
After Your Event
Thanks for hosting a POV screening! We'd love to hear from you. Your feedback makes this work possible.
- Fill out your online Coordinator Evaluation
- Send the DVD and Audience Evaluations to: POV, 20 Jay St., Suite 940, Brooklyn, NY 11201