- How Anyone Can Create A Virtual Reality Experience With One Line of Code
With this new open-source tool from POV, you can create virtual panoramas and objects in 3D. Follow the examples to add media and interactivity to your virtual stage.
- How to Experience Virtual Reality for Under $50
Virtual reality isn't just for the rich. We break down low-cost alternatives to Oculus Rift and similar devices that could bring VR to us all.
- POV Digital Storytelling Tools: Using Virtual Reality for Data Visualization
Virtual reality provides a new way to create immersive experiences based on data. View the demo (Oculus Rift optional) and download the source code.
- POV Digital Storytelling Tools: Explore the Real World in Virtual Reality
Fly through any city in virtual reality through your web browser and Oculus Rift with this new tool from POV. (And build on the source code.)
- Introducing a Remote Control for Virtual Reality Films (Hint: It's in Your Pocket)
Try it now! Virtual reality display technology is advancing quickly, but the way to interact with virtual worlds is lagging behind. So here's a way you can use a mobile device to navigate a virtual space.
- POV Tech: Introducing Mouse and Keyboard Interactions for Virtual Reality “Films”
Virtual reality experiences, such as those we are developing now for Oculus Rift, require a new set of conventions for interactions with familiar devices.
- POV Tech: Filmmaking with Oculus Rift
With browsers now able to track the head movements of users, I've created the ability to record and play back 3D virtual reality experiences with Oculus Rift.