- POV Documentaries 'The Return' and 'Hooligan Sparrow' Finalists for CINE Golden Eagle Award
CINE's 60th Golden Eagle Awards named two POV films as finalists in the "Nonfiction Content/Feature - Current Affairs or Investigations" category.
- Featured Event: The Robert C. Byrd Center for Congressional History and Education presents 'The Return'
Join the Robert C. Byrd Center for Congressional History and Education for a free screening of 'The Return' followed by a facilitated discussion and Q&A session with Byrd Center staff and Shepherd University faculty.
- Keeping Score: How Documentary Filmmakers Can Work With Composers
Tyler Strickland shares why he started scoring documentaries, and how filmmakers can best work with composers.
- Featured Event: San Diego Public Library and Second Chance Present 'The Return'
Join the San Diego Public Library for a free screening of 'The Return' featuring guest speaker Deb Furlong of San Diego Second Chance.
- Featured Event: Buddhist Pathways Prison Project Screens 'The Return'
Join Buddhist Pathway Prison Project for a free screening of 'The Return', as part of their Summer 2016 Film Series.
- The Return: Resentencing, Reentry Support, and a Criminal Defense Lawyer’s Evolving Roles
The Return is a POV documentary that focuses on both the returnees and the lawyers of Stanford Law School’s Three Strikes Project. Director of the Penn Program on Documentaries and the Law, Regina Austin, speculates the lawyers' motives for involving themselves and their clients in the documentary.
- Communities and Relatives of Illinois Incarcerated Children Presents 'The Return'
Join Communities and Relatives of Illinois Incarcerated Children for a free screening of 'The Return'.
- DCTV's 'Confines That Bind' Screening Series Presents 'The Return'
DCTV's 'Confines That Bind' screening series explores incarceration and criminal justice reform through documentary film in their landmark firehouse in downtown Manhattan.
- Doc Memo: Vox's Secret to Monetizing Videos, 'The Return' Wins at Tribeca
POV's daily list of essential reading for the documentary and independent filmmaking community.