- Doc Memo: Filmmakers Support #RightToRecord, Exploring Social Problems Through Film
POV’s daily list of essential reading for the documentary and independent filmmaking community.
- The Road to Success: What “Racing Dreams,” Sadie Nash, and my POV Internship Did for Me
Keyana Cumberbatch-Walters is a high school intern who joined POV through Sadie Nash Leadership Project. As her POV internship draws to a close, she shares how Sadie Nash, POV and the documentary Racing Dreams have influenced her.
- Art and Storytelling: My POV Internship Experience
Kim Lopez is a Community Engagement and Education intern from the Center for Arts Education. A senior in high school, she is passionate about photography and film and shares her experience interning with POV.
- What a POV Internship Meant to Me
Former Intern Aubrey Gallegos shares her experiences behind the scenes of POV's 2011 season.
- Doc Soup: A Filmmaker Reports from TED 2010
The recently concluded TED (technology, entertainment, design) conference once again proved to be on the cutting edge of the intellectual-cultural vanguard. It draws such an impressive list of hot-shots (this year’s included Bill Gates, Valerie Plame, James Cameron, and David Byrne) — it’s kind of dizzying. I wondered what this year’s TED offered the doc […]
- Top Five Most Popular POV Blog Posts in 2009: Burritos, Bullfighting and Charlie Rose
I don’t know about you, but I am so tired of end-of-the-year/decade lists… yet, umm, here I am posting one. To be fair, we haven’t posted that many lists in the past few weeks on the POV Blog, and this isn’t really a “list” per se, but rather a quick note about the five blog […]
- POV Community Screenings Making an Impact
I ran into Shelby Knox, a passionate young activist, recently in Manhattan. We first got to know each other in 2005 when POV broadcasted The Education of Shelby Knox. Still one of our most requested films by communities across the country — the film follows Shelby, a Southern Baptist high school student from a politically […]