- Albert Maysles: Conjurer of Real Life
Pioneering filmmaker Albert Maysles passed away earlier this year at the age of 88. POV's series creator Marc Weiss remembers Maysles for his profound influence on him and generations of documentarians.
- Remembering Documentary Pioneer Albert Maysles
Tom Roston remembers veteran documentarian and mentor Albert Maysles.
- The United States of Documentaries (Map)
A state-by-state breakdown of the best, most representative and most unique documentaries from the 50 states and Washington, D.C.
- Albert Maysles and Bradley Kaplan on the Post-9/11 Paul McCartney Doc 'The Love We Make'
Legendary filmmaker Albert Maysles reflects on what led him to become a vérité filmmaker and connections between his new doc and the seminal Salesman.
- Doc Soup: Werner Herzog: 'I am the director'
Who is the director? Albert Maysles and Werner Herzog take two positions after DOC NYC's opening night premiere of Herzog's doc Into the Abyss.
- Zachary Levy Shows Sensitive Side of 'Strongman'
The director of the self-distributed documentary (opening in New York City on Friday, September 23, 2011), talks about the film and his vérité influences.
- The Fate of Documentary?
In a response to a New York Press essay about the current state of documentaries, guest blogger Heather McIntosh of Documentary Site offers a second view, that documentaries are thriving and always have.
- 5 Things to Consider Before You See '50 Documentaries To See Before You Die'
Independent journalist Tom Roston rates Current TV's new documentary series, hosted by Morgan Spurlock (Super Size Me). Warning: This post contains minor series spoilers!
- Doc Soup: The 10 Greatest Moments in Documentary Film, Part 2
Finally — the post that you’ve all been waiting for: my top 5 greatest doc moments. You’ll note that POV’s Ruiyan wins an honorable mention for beating me to the punch in the comments section from last week, with her admiration for Harlan County, USA. What a moment, eh? I agree, and had ranked it […]