- Early Highlights from Hot Docs 2017: 'City of Ghosts,' 'Pre-Crime'
Every year, Toronto dedicates itself to documentaries for a week with Hot Docs.
- SundanceNow Doc Club: Spotlight on Nick Broomfield
Doc Soup Man talks to director Nick Broomfield, whose work is currently showcased on SundanceNow's Doc Club.
- Doc Soup Man Presents: A Discussion of Branded Documentaries and Branded Documentarians
Morgan Spurlock isn't the only documentarian who's crossed over into the commercial world. Did you know there's an agency that specializes in bringing that nonfiction touch to a 30-second spot?
- Where Are the First-Person Women Documentarians?
With Tiffany Shlain's personal documentary Connected wrapping up its theatrical run, Doc Soup Man Tom Roston asks why the best known first-person documentarians are men.
- Doc Soup: A Documentary Dispatch from the 2011 Toronto International Film Festival
Doc Soup Man Tom Roston recaps the 2011 Toronto International Film Festival and previews films you can hope to see in theaters in the coming months.
- Doc Soup: Add Your Questions About Sarah Palin for 'The Undefeated' Filmmaker Stephen Bannon
POV's Doc Soup columnist and independent journalist Tom Roston is collecting your questions for Stephen Bannon, the filmmaker of The Undefeated, a new documentary about Sarah Palin that opens next week in 14 cities.