- The Artful, Intelligent and Unconventional Approach That Sets MoMA's Doc Fortnight Apart
Taking place at the Museum of Modern Art, Doc Fortnight spotlights the artful aspects of nonfiction filmmaking.
- Doc Memo: How Film Festivals Select Films, Spain's Booming Doc Scene
POV's daily list of essential reading for the documentary and independent filmmaking community.
- Win Tickets to Watch POV Films at MoMA Documentary Fortnight
The Museum of Modern Art is celebrating 25 years of POV with a special program, MoMA Selects: POV from Wednesday, Feb. 27 - Monday, March 4, 2013, as part of its Documentary Fortnight 2013 program.
- The Greatest Documentaries of All Time: Rajendra Roy on 'Kon-Tiki'
"Thor Heyerdahl's adventure was grander than anything my boyhood brain could have conceived."
- POV's 25th Anniversary
In 2012, POV celebrates 25 years of broadcasting on PBS!
- El Velador at MoMA & POV Filmmakers in Conversation
Filmmakers Lourdes Portillo and Natalia Almada will be in conversation at the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) in New York City on June 23. Almada's El Velador starts a week-long theatrical engagement at MoMA on June 14 and a retrospective of Portillo's work will run through June 30.
- Doc Soup: Review of 'The Black Power Mixtape 1967-1975'
MoMA’s New Directors / New Films festival kicks off Wednesday in New York City, and lasts until April 3, once again bringing to light a sometimes esoteric, but usually intriguing selection of movies. Not exactly overflowing in the documentary department, the fest does offer at least one must-see: The Black Power Mixtape 1967-1975. The film […]
- Weekly Roundup: Big Sky Festival, Robert Kenner in NYC and MoMA's Documentary Fortnight
The Big Sky Documentary Film Festival began on February 12th in Missoula, Montana and continues through this weekend. The festival’s founding and artistic director is Doug Hawes-Davis, whose film Libby, Montana aired on POV in 2007. Among the award winners at the festival this year are two films that will be broadcast on POV: Lixin […]
- Weekly Roundup: 'Most Dangerous Man' and 'Food, Inc.' News, Sundance Deals, MoMA Events and More
This week, we catch up on news about two upcoming POV broadcasts, take a look at post-Sundance documentary acquisitions and spotlight upcoming events in New York City
- Kim Longinotto: Not a “Fly on the Wall”
POV series producer Yance Ford reports back on a couple of Kim Longinotto events from last week. POV’s Chris White and filmmaker Kim Longinotto at her POV filmmaker interview. If you were in New York City last week, you may have noticed that filmmaker Kim Longinotto was, well, everywhere. On Thursday afternoon she was interviewed […]
- Link Roundup
MoMA’s retrospective of Kim Longinotto‘s work starts this week. This is a rare chance to see all of Kim’s masterful films in America, and to hear from Kim herself — she is considered one of the foremost vérité filmmakers in the documentary world. Kim’s film Hold Me Tight, Let Me Go will air on POV […]
- POV Alum Helene Klodawsky's New Film to Premiere at MoMA
Helene Klodawsky’s No More Tears Sister, a documentary about Dr. Rajani Thiranagama, a tireless crusader for human rights in Sri Lanka, aired on POV in 2006. Her latest film, Family Motel, will have its New York premiere this weekend as part of the Canadian Front series at the Museum of Modern Art. This weekend, Helene […]