- 30 Years of POV: Documentary Filmmakers Share What the Series Means to Them
Documentary filmmakers share what the POV series means to them.
- Contemplating the Cut: Takeaways and Tips for Documentary Editors
Useful insights for documentary editors and their collaborators from Contemplating the Cut 2017.
- Contemplating the Cut 2017 | Panel 2: Craft Conversations
Lindsay Utz and Chyld King share insights with moderator Marshall Curry about their process, deconstructing approaches to vérité and interview-based films.
- Quest for Personal Transformation Takes Timid Biker 35,000 Miles to Libyan Revolution, Prison and Self-Recorded Stardom in POV's 'Point and Shoot,' Monday, Aug. 24, 2015 on PBS
Documentary by Two-Time Oscar® Nominee Marshall Curry Illustrates the Camera's Central Role in Documenting — and Shaping — Modern Identity and World Events
- Daniel McGowan at Full Frame Documentary Festival
At Full Frame Documentary Festival, If A Tree Falls subject Daniel McGowan watched the film with the documentary community for the first time after serving six years in prison for "eco-terrorism."
- Full Frame Documentary Festival 2015: A Recap
Doc Soup Man highlights films to watch out for and his favorite documentary celebrity encounters at Full Frame Documentary Festival 2015.
- We the Economy
This new online documentary series is striving to explain the economy through 20 short films.
- POV Reimagines the Documentary – Again
Cross-posted from Knight Blog, the blog of the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation. Since its earliest days, POV has been an exercise in bridging independent voices and the public by offering new tools and technology for storytelling and engagement.
- Watch Films from POV Alumni at Tribeca and Full Frame this April!
Great new films from POV alumni will screen in the coming weeks at the Tribeca Film Festival and Full Frame Documentary Film Festival.
- Festival Madness
Sundance is behind us, SXSW is on now, Tribeca and Full Frame are coming up soon. Doc Soup Man has his picks from the past and future festivals that will set the documentary viewing agenda for the rest of the year.
- Watch Now: 'If a Tree Falls' Now Streaming for Free at POV
The Oscar-nominated documentary directed by Marshall Curry is back for free online streaming! Streaming ends January 6, 2013, so make sure you get to watch it before time runs out!
- Watch Now: 'If a Tree Falls,' 'My Perestroika,' and Three POV 2012 Films Back for Free Streaming!
POV fans can now stream If a Tree Falls, My Perestroika, The City Dark, The Light in Her Eyes, and Sun Kissed for free on the POV website!
- The Greatest Documentaries of All Time: Marshall Curry on 'Sherman's March'
"When I was first considering taking a leap into the professional abyss of filmmaking, there was one documentary, more than any other, that shouted out, 'Come on in, the water's great!'"
- Documentary DPs Share Their Craft at DOC NYC
Tom Roston recaps the DOC NYC masterclass on cinematography with directors of photography Alan Jacobsen (Racing Dreams) and Tom Hurwitz (The Queen of Versailles). Panels continue through Thursday.
- Giveaway: Win a Ticket to Paley DocFest's Event “Documenting Power: 25 Years of Political Films on POV”
Passionate about political issues? Excited about the upcoming election? Win a ticket to the Paley DocFest Event "Documenting Power: 25 Years of Political Films on POV" at The Paley Center for Media in New York City, Thursday, October 18, 2012, at 6:30pm.
- Next on POV: 'If a Tree Falls: A Story of the Earth Liberation Front'
The Oscar-nominated film about the radical environmental group the FBI called America's "number one domestic terrorism threat" returns to PBS. Watch Thursday, October 11, 2012 on POV.
- Ron Simon on Curating Paley DocFest 2012 and the Impact of Political Documentaries in an Election Year
Ron Simon tells POV how he curates New York City's Paley DocFest, which this year features a handful of politically themes documentaries timed to the November elections.
- A Documentary Twitterthon Roundup
SundanceNow hosted a "Twitterthon" to promote its new VOD documentary subscription service, Doc Club. Doc fans took to Twitter to discuss distribution platforms, the audience experience and favorite films.