- Parenting from Both Sides of the Camera
On a motherless, motherful Mother's Day, filmmaker Judith Helfand reflects on what she has learned on both sides of the camera from her mother Florence (of Healthy Baby Girl fame), who died this past September.
- Judith Helfand on Robert West, “One of My Greatest Teachers and Beloved Comrades”
Robert West, the co-founder of Working Films, passed away on June 6, 2013. Judith Helfand, who started Working Films with West, shared this message with POV.
- As Thoughts of George Rise Up: Judith Helfand on Long-Time Mentor George Stoney
Soon after the news of George Stoney's passing was made public, POV asked me to write a few words about him and our work together.
- POV & Firelight Media Summit: Sustaining a Career as a Public Media Maker
Firelight Media's Shoshone Johnson recaps a day of practical advice for documentary film producers, held at POV's office on Friday, February 17, 2012.
- POV & Firelight Media Summit: A Docmaker's Survival Guide from the Legendary Filmmakers of Blackside
Journalist and aspiring filmmaker Alva French reports from the opening panel of "Sustaining a Career as a Public Media Maker," a day-long summit held at POV.