- POV Docs at Princeton Environmental Film Festival
The Princeton Environmental Film Festival runs from Jan. 26 to Feb. 12, 2012, at Princeton Public Library. The Oscar®-nominated 'If a Tree Falls' screens on Feb. 10 and will be followed by a Q&A with co-director Sam Cullman. 'The City Dark' (POV, 2012) screens on Feb. 11 with filmmaker Ian Cheney in attendance.
- The 2011 Documentary Oscars: My Shortlist
Doc Soup Man Tom Roston proposes an entirely different list of 15 films that could have just as easily been deemed Oscar-worthy.
- The United States of Documentaries (Map)
A state-by-state breakdown of the best, most representative and most unique documentaries from the 50 states and Washington, D.C.
- From the POV Archive: Five Documentaries About Protest Movements
Put the "Occupy Wall Street" protests into perspective with this list of documentary films that chronicle past protest movements in the United States from the POV/PBS archive.
- Critical Acclaim for 'If a Tree Falls: A Story of the Earth Liberation Front' – Airs 9/13 on PBS
Read what critics have to say about If a Tree Falls, the POV documentary that explores two of America's most pressing issues — environmentalism and terrorism.
- Next on POV: 'If a Tree Falls: A Story of the Earth Liberation Front'
POV's 24th season on PBS continues Tuesday, Sept. 13, 2011, with the U.S. broadcast premiere of If a Tree Falls: A Story of the Earth Liberation Front, a film lifts the veil on a radical environmental group that the FBI calls America's "number one domestic terrorism threat."
- Upcoming POV Community Screenings
Watch free screenings of POV documentary films near you — before they are seen on PBS.
- POV Films and Filmmakers at Silverdocs 2011
- BAMcinemaFEST 2011: Oscar Nominee Marshall Curry on 'If a Tree Falls: A Story of the Earth Liberation Front'
Freelance journalist Adam Schartoff checks in from BAMcinemaFEST 2011. In this dispatch, Schartoff talks with POV alum Marshall Curry about his new documentary, which leads the festival's nonfiction lineup and airs later this summer on POV.
- BAMcinemaFEST Kicks Off Third Season Bringing Blue Chip Docs to Brooklyn
Freelance journalist and film programmer Adam Schartoff previews the documentary slate at Brooklyn's BAMcinemaFEST, June 16-26, 2011.
- POV Films and Filmmakers at the 2011 Human Rights Watch Film Festival
Three POV films have their New York City premieres this month at the 2011 Human Rights Watch Film Festival: Better This World, Granito and If a Tree Falls: A Story of the Earth Liberation Front.
- Catch a Sneak Peek of the Upcoming Season of POV!
Celebrating its 24th season on PBS in 2011, POV features the work of the best independent documentary filmmakers from America and around the world. This season, POV films examine such diverse topics as the last generation of children to grow up behind the “Iron Curtain” of the USSR, the lives of soldiers before, during and […]