- Music and 'Only the Young': Listen & Share Your #myHSsoundtrack
The music in Only the Young made us think about the role of music in documentary – and in narratives about growing up. Listen to the High School Soundtracks of the main subjects of Only the Young, then share your #myHSsoundtrack with the POV community.
- 'Up Heartbreak Hill' Pulls at Critics' Heartstrings
Read what critics have to say about the POV documentary Up Heartbreak Hill, which follows two Navajo teens living on a New Mexico reservation. Premieres July 26, 2012, on PBS.
- The Road to Success: What “Racing Dreams,” Sadie Nash, and my POV Internship Did for Me
Keyana Cumberbatch-Walters is a high school intern who joined POV through Sadie Nash Leadership Project. As her POV internship draws to a close, she shares how Sadie Nash, POV and the documentary Racing Dreams have influenced her.
- Art and Storytelling: My POV Internship Experience
Kim Lopez is a Community Engagement and Education intern from the Center for Arts Education. A senior in high school, she is passionate about photography and film and shares her experience interning with POV.
- Frederick Wiseman Bares All… About the Nudity in 'Crazy Horse'
The documentary Crazy Horse is attracting attention for its depiction of nudity in a Parisian nightclub. It's a controversy director Frederick Wiseman has dealt with before, on his first film, the once-banned Titicut Follies.
- The United States of Documentaries (Map)
A state-by-state breakdown of the best, most representative and most unique documentaries from the 50 states and Washington, D.C.
- Frederick Wiseman: An Appreciation
Guest blogger Heather McIntosh of Documentary Site looks at the 'stubbornly observational' body of work of documentary director Frederick Wiseman (High School, Titicut Follies, La Danse - Le Ballet de l'Op´ra de Paris).