- MacArthur Foundation 2013 Documentary Open Call Approaching!
The MacArthur Foundation will be accepting proposals for documentary film production funding ONLINE for the first time. Submissions will be open from July 15 - 31, 2013. Submissions close on July 31, 2013 at 3 PM CDT.
- LEF Foundation Moving Image Fund Deadline This Friday 1/25
Calling New England Filmmakers! Letters of Inquiry (LOIs) for projects requesting production and post-production support from the LEF Foundation are due this Friday, January 25 by 5 PM EST.
- Documentary Year in Review Countdown #12: Ford Foundation Funds Webified Documentaries
POV is counting down the top documentary stories of 2011 on New Year's Eve 2012.
- Doc Soup: Humane Society Offering $20,000 Grant for Animal-Friendly Docs
The ACE (Animal Content in Entertainment) Documentary Film Grant has, for the past five years, been funding nonfiction filmmakers who highlight animal advocacy. Independent journalist Tom Roston talks with the Humane Society about the opportunities the grant is creating for documentarians.
- Project VoiceScape: Grant-Winning Teens Tackle Tough Topics
Project VoiceScape, a collaboration between Adobe Youth Voices, PBS and POV, recently awarded 15 $2,000 filmmaking grants to 22 emerging young talents from around the country. Project VoiceScape editorial committee member Jessica Lee tells us about some of the challenges she faced in awarding the grants and what we can expect next from the filmmaker-finalists.
- Project VoiceScape: Meet the Filmmaker-Finalists and a Stellar Group of Documentary Mentors
The Project VoiceScape filmmaker-finalists are now in production working toward an October showcase, with mentorship from some of the best documentary filmmakers we know. Meet the filmmakers and their mentors!