- Our Ethical Dilemma / Nuestro Dilema Ético
Filmmaker Pamela Yates finds out she got a scene in her film When the Mountains Tremble wrong, and returns to Guatemala to investigate. Read and watch in English and Spanish.
- Congrats to the BRITDOC Impact Award Winners
POV gives a huge round of applause to this year's BRITDOC Impact Award winners! The BRITDOC Impact Award celebrates documentary films that have made the greatest impact on society.
- Upcoming Events
This week, 7 different films are being screened in 7 cities throughout the US, with topics including autism, criminal justice, and the oil industry.
- Celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month with POV Films
September 15 - October 15 is Hispanic Heritage Month! Celebrate and learn about Hispanic Heritage with POV films.
- Commemorate Human Rights Day with POV Documentaries
Explore POV films, resources for educators and web features around today's human rights issues to commemorate Human Rights Day.
- POV Films Available for Streaming in September 2013
POV is excited to announce the free streaming of many of its past films, including the 2013 Best Documentary Emmy nominee Nostalgia for the Light.
- Upcoming POV Screenings
Grab your coffee and Berger Cookies as 'Girl Model' screens in Baltimore and Seattle this upcoming week. Not in Baltimore or Seattle? Check out where else POV films will be showing.
- Upcoming POV Screenings
PBS stations, universities and community organizations are hosting screenings across the country over the next week. Check out our Local Events Map to find screenings near you.
- Now Streaming: Girl Model, Scout's Honor, Granito, A Perfect Candidate, and 4 Shorts from the PBS Online Film Festival
POV now has four great feature-length documentaries streaming for free on its website: Scout's Honor, Granito: How to Nail a Dictator, When the Mountains Tremble, and A Perfect Candidate.
- Win Tickets to Watch POV Films at MoMA Documentary Fortnight
The Museum of Modern Art is celebrating 25 years of POV with a special program, MoMA Selects: POV from Wednesday, Feb. 27 - Monday, March 4, 2013, as part of its Documentary Fortnight 2013 program.
- Using a Film to Nail a Dictator
Pamela Yates, director of Granito: How to Nail a Dictator, describes the way that her film was used as evidence to bring General Efraín Ríos Montt to trial for genocide in Guatemala.
- 'Granito: How to Nail a Dictator' – The Critics Speak (Updated)
Tonight, Granito: How to Nail a Dictator airs on POV. Read what the critics have to say about this gripping film.
- Next on POV: 'Granito: How to Nail a Dictator'
POV's 25th season of independent nonfiction on PBS continues with a film about how Pamela Yates’ 1983 documentary, When the Mountains Tremble, provided key evidence for a stunning milestone for justice.
- Mobile Selects
Download the PBS mobile video app for iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch or Kindle Tablet and watch POV documentaries before they air on television!
- Upcoming POV Documentary Screenings
Community events continue across the country, including sneak preview screenings of our upcoming 25th anniversary season.
- Preview POV's 25th Season
Watch a video preview of the films coming up in the 2012 season of POV!
- 8 “Then and Now” Documentaries That Transcend Time
The Up series, which has been following a group in seven-year intervals, has a new entry this month, 56 Up. Here are eight documentaries that take the "then and now" concept to new levels.
- 4 Days, 53 Films – POV at SDFF 2012
This year, The Sebastopol Documentary Film Festival highlights a wide array of independent documentaries, including five POV films.