- POV's Picks: Elections, Civic Engagement and Our Democracy
As voters head to the polls, take a moment to reflect on civic engagement as it stands today in the U.S. and abroad.
- Human Rights Day 2015: Investigate the Issues with POV Docs
POV invites you to commemorate Human Rights Day on December 10th with screenings in your community or classroom.
- 75+ Films to Watch This September on POV!
A list of feature length and short documentary films to watch for free this September on POV!
- Upcoming Events
Next week commemorates International Human Rights Day. Join POV and our local screening partners in bringing awareness throughout the year to issues concerning human rights.
- Join “Engagement Strategy Best Practices and Trends” Online Chat on October 1
Engagement Strategists and documentary filmmakers are taking your questions during a Google+ Hangout about Engagement Strategy Best Practices and Trends on Tuesday, October 1, 2013, from 12:30-1:15 PM ET (9:30-10:15 AM PT).
- POV Films Available for Streaming in September 2013
POV is excited to announce the free streaming of many of its past films, including the 2013 Best Documentary Emmy nominee Nostalgia for the Light.
- POV Films Receive 9 Emmy Nominations Including Nostalgia for the Light for Best Documentary!
POV has received 9 nominations in the 34th Annual News & Documentary Emmy® Awards! PBS received 45 nominations in total.
- Spread the Word in the Final Hours! 'Give Up Tomorrow' Premieres Tonight
Organizations such as The Innocence Project, Equal Justice USA and Amnesty International have let their communities on Twitter and Facebook know about tonight's POV broadcast. Join in!
- Cracking the Legal Documentary Code: A Twitter Chat with Michael Collins (Give Up Tomorrow)
Join the #docchat Twitter chat on Tuesday, Oct. 9, 2012, at 8 PM Eastern (5 PM Pacific).
- Next on POV: Give Up Tomorrow
POV returns this week with a shocking film about corruption within the judicial system of the Philippines and one of the most sensational trials in the country’s history. Premieres October 4, 2012 on PBS.
- Watch a Sneak Preview of 'Give Up Tomorrow' on Your iPhone or iPad
Just announced! You can now watch the riveting 'Give Up Tomorrow' before the U.S. broadcast premiere on October 4, 2012 on the PBS app for iPhone and iPad!
- Give Up Tomorrow at The Brooklyn Museum 8/23
Join us Thursday at The Brooklyn Museum for the Brooklyn premiere of Give Up Tomorrow with filmmakers Michael Collins and Marty Syjuco and editor Eric Daniel Metzger in attendance for a Q&A after the screening.
- Mobile Selects
Download the PBS mobile video app for iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch or Kindle Tablet and watch POV documentaries before they air on television!
- Preview POV's 25th Season
Watch a video preview of the films coming up in the 2012 season of POV!
- POV Announces Documentary Lineup for Its 25th Season on PBS
This year on POV, you'll see remarkable individuals challenging authority and their own limitations to indict a dictator, keep investigative journalism alive, rebuild after Katrina and find strength in love.