- When History is Silent: Overcoming Trauma Through the Restoration of Cultural Memory
As November wraps up, we'd like to honor it as Native American Heritage Month by exploring the themes of history, memory, and trauma in two recently-broadcast America ReFramed films.
- AMERICA REFRAMED UNFILTERED: Inclusion Shouldn’t Be a Lottery
In the following UNFILTERED blog post, 'Deej' director and producer, Robert Rooy shares what he is learning from the austistic comunity.
- Exploring the Intersection of Documentary Filmmaking and Urban Sociology at America ReFramed
Through her internship with America ReFramed, Stephanie Luna examined the intersection of documentary filmmaking and urban sociology.
- AMERICA REFRAMED UNFILTERED: Journey to Justice
Filmmaker Ben Wang reflects on the journey of making 'Breathin': The Eddy Zheng Story.'
- AMERICA REFRAMED UNFILTERED: Beyond Black and White
Filmmaker Matthew Hashiguchi recalls having wrestled with his feelings of being Asian and different when he was growing up.
- AMERICA REFRAMED UNFILTERED: Sometimes the Impossible Just Isn't
How Tamar Rogoff and Daisy Wright's Enter The Faun became a case of art imitating life, imitating art.
- AMERICA REFRAMED UNFILTERED: The 20-Year Journey Behind '70 Acres in Chicago: Cabrini Green'
Director Ronit Bezalel credits the people that helped her stick to a story for 20 years.
- American Documentary's Year in Review
With the new year in sight, it's a great time to look back on 2016. Here are some of our favorite highlights.
- Doc Memo: Vox's Secret to Monetizing Videos, 'The Return' Wins at Tribeca
POV's daily list of essential reading for the documentary and independent filmmaking community.
- POV's 'Tough Love' and America ReFramed's 'The Perfect Victim' are 2016 Silver Gavel Award finalists!
Stephanie Wang-Breal's "Tough Love" (POV 2015) and Elizabeth Rohrbaugh's "The Perfect Victim" (America ReFramed 2015) were named finalists by The American Bar Association for the 2016 Silver Gavel Awards for Media and the Arts!
- AMERICA REFRAMED UNFILTERED: Reflections on David Felix Sutcliffe's 'Adama' from a 7th grade class
David Felix Sutcliffe comments how Islamophobia has largely gone unchecked but sees hope for tolerance and understanding from insightful letters he read in response to his film.
- MacArthur Foundation Renews Support for American Documentary | POV
Three-Year Grant Will Support Award-Winning PBS Documentary Series POV, Its Digital Innovations and National Community Engagement Campaigns and the WORLD Channel Series AMERICA REFRAMED
- POV, America ReFramed receive three 2015 IDA Award nominations!
POV and America ReFramed have been nominated for three 2015 IDA Documentary Awards by the International Documentary Association.