- POV Nominated for Six News & Documentary Emmy Awards
"POV and AmRef have presented documentaries that open a new world for Americans across the country. These films—taking us from the South Korean countryside to the Faroese fisheries to the Syrian battlefields—capture perspectives spanning the globe and the human experience."
- AMERICA REFRAMED UNFILTERED: Creating Shadow Theater Re-enactments For Finding Kukan
In the following America ReFramed UNFILTERED contribution, filmmaker Robin Lung discusses an artistic collaboration and the technique she employed to bring aspects of her subject’s story to life.
- A TV Film or a Film on TV: 'O.J. Simpson: Made in America' Puts the Divide in Doubt
Is categorizing a documentary a meaningless endeavor in the first place?
- Joshua Oppenheimer and Adi Rukun Raise Awareness Amongst Silence
While on the Oscar campaign trail, Joshua Oppenheimer and Adi Rukun raise awareness against the silence on the 1960s Indonesian genocide.
- What an Oscar Nomination Means to Joshua Oppenheimer
How Oscar recognition can aid a greater purpose.
- Oscar or Oscan't: Doc Soup Man Predictions for Best Documentary Feature
Doc Soup Man's Academy Award predictions are in, and he had to let a few favorites go.
- Great Expectations: The Surprising And Not So Surprising Oscar Documentary Shortlist Picks
See what documentaries made the cut for the Oscar shortlist.
- The Action-Packed Nuance of Cartel Land
The case for Cartel Land to make the Oscar shortlist for Best Documentary Feature.
- Hollywood's Opportunity for a Referendum on Scientology
Alex Gibney's documentary Going Clear is giving Hollywood the chance to say, "This Scientology crap isn't what we're about."
- Oscar 2015: What the Documentary Winners Said (Or Didn't)
The documentary community breathed a deep sigh of relief last night when Laura Poitras won the Oscar for Best Documentary Feature, but her speech was a missed opportunity.
- Linklater, Like Flaherty Before Him
Like Flaherty, Linklater is pioneering a new form in film.
- Oscar Predictions 2015: And the nominees are…
Doc Soup Man reflects on his Oscar nomination predictions -- after finding out he got only 60 percent right -- and checks in with two nominated filmmakers.
- Oscar Predictions 2015: And the nominees will be…
Doc Soup Man is not one to shy away from predictions. His thoughts on which documentaries will be nominated for the Oscars in 2015.
- The Best Documentaries of 2014
What's the best documentary of 2014? We're tracking festivals, critics, blogs, award shows and more to determine the top docs of the year.
- With 'Life Itself,' Steve James Has Earned the Right to Oscar
He's already been robbed of one. After decades of making documentaries, Steve James has earned the right to be recognized with an Oscar.
- The Oscars: Doc Soup Man's Predictions for Best Documentary
Five documentaries are vying for an Academy Award this Sunday. Doc Soup Man Tom Roston picks the one that could win, and why.
- Predicting the Oscars' Best Documentary Nominees
Doc Soup Man Tom Roston predicts this year's Oscar nominations for Best Documentary. He's been on target before... will he get it right again?
- Oscar 2013: Can Anything Overtake Sugar Man?
It’s as close to a lock on the Oscar winner as we’ve had in years. Everyone else is saying that 'Searching for Sugar Man' will win, so, just for the sake of keeping things lively, Tom Roston gives the race a second thought.