In celebration of National Library Week (April 13-19) and National Bookmobile Day (April 16), we’re giving away a copy of the children’s book, Waiting for the Biblioburro, to the first 3 librarians to sign-up to screen Biblioburro: The Donkey Library. Register your screening (it’s free!) in the POV Community Network and share this poignant story of a traveling library resting on the backs of two little donkeys.
About the Book
Ana loves stories. She often makes them up to help her little brother fall asleep. But in her small village there are only a few books and she has read them all. One morning, Ana wakes up to the clip-clop of hooves, and there before her, is the most wonderful sight: a traveling library resting on the backs of two burros — all the books a little girl could dream of, with enough stories to encourage her to create one of her own.
Inspired by the heroic efforts of real-life librarian Luis Soriano, award-winning picture book creators Monica Brown and John Parra introduce readers to the mobile library that journeys over mountains and through valleys to bring literacy and culture to rural Colombia, and to the children who wait for the BiblioBurro.
A portion of the proceeds from sales of this book support Luis Soriano’s BiblioBurro program.
POV ‘Biblioburro’ Giveaway (“Promotion”)
2014 OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THIS PROMOTION IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN THE UNITED STATES. DO NOT ENTER IF YOU ARE NOT LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS: Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older. Employees, contractors, directors and officers of American Documentary, Inc./POV ( “Sponsor”), its parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, and the web design, advertising, fulfillment, judging and Promotion agencies involved in the administration, development, fulfillment and execution of this Promotion (collectively, “Promotion Parties”), and the immediate family members of each such person (spouse, parent, child, sibling, grandparent, and spouse or “step” of each) and those living in the same household of each such person (those persons whether related or not who live in the same residence for at least three months during the twelve-month period preceding the start date of the Promotion) are not eligible to participate or win a prize.
2. PROMOTION PERIOD: Promotion begins on March 13th, 2014 at 10:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on March 13th, 2015 at 5:00 p.m. ET (the “Promotion Period”). The Web Site server is the official clock for this Promotion.
3. TO ENTER: There are two (2) methods of entry: Via our Community Network and via email. To enter via our Community Network: create a Community Network account at this web address: http://www.pbs.org/pov/outreach/amdoc/events/register.php. Creation of a Community Network account is free. Your Community Network account will be approved shortly after submitting the registration form. Activate your account by following the link in your email. If you do not receive an activation link, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will activate your account for you. You can then register your screening of Biblioburro: The Donkey Library through our Community Network. Receive one (1) entry into the Promotion by registering a screening of Biblioburro: The Donkey Library at your library. To enter via email: Send an email to email@example.com during the Promotion Period and include the following to receive one (1) entry into the Promotion: Name and age at time of submission. You do not have to represent a library to enter via email. Limit one (1) Entry per person and/or email address, regardless of methods of entry. Automated methods of entry are prohibited and any use of automated devices will cause disqualification. An email address is required to enter. Entrants may not enter with multiple email addresses nor may entrants use any other device or artifice to register multiple times or as multiple entrants. Any participant who attempts to enter with multiple email addresses or uses any device or artifice to enter multiple times will be disqualified and forfeits any and all prizes won, at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
4. PROMOTION DRAWING, ODDS, PRIZES, AND RETAIL VALUE: Three (3) Grand Prize winners will be determined by which entries were the first three entries received. The web server clock will serve as the official clock in this contest. By participating, entrants agree to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and the Sponsor’s decisions. Limit one (1) prize per person and/or household. The Grand Prize is a copy of the book Waiting for the Biblioburro. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $30.
PRIZE RESTRICTIONS/PRIZE CLAIM: Winners are subject to verification, including verification of age. Winners are solely responsible for any taxes on their prize. Prizes are non-transferable and no cash redemption or prize substitution permitted, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Any difference in value between the ARV stated herein and value at time of prize notification will not be awarded. Sponsor does not make, nor in any manner is responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prizes including but not limited to their quality, fitness for purpose, or condition. Winners will be notified via e-mail and will be required to provide address information. If any potential winner does not respond within seven (7) calendar days of first notification attempt, or if any winner rejects his/her prize, the winner will be disqualified and an alternate may be selected. Prizes will be mailed out to the winners to the address provided during prize notification within 1 to 2 weeks of the end of the Promotion Period. Sponsor reserves the right in their sole discretion to substitute a prize with one of comparable or greater value. Federal, state, and local taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize winners. In the event of non-compliance with these Official Rules, or if a prize notification or prize is unclaimed or returned as undeliverable, the prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner.
6. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: No liability or responsibility is assumed by Sponsor or Promotion Parties resulting from user’s participation in, attempt to participate in the Promotion, or download of any information in connection with participating in the Promotion. No responsibility or liability is assumed by the Sponsor or Promotion Parties for technical problems or technical malfunction arising in connection with any of the following occurrences, without limitation, that may affect the operation of the Promotion: hardware or software errors; faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless or Internet connectivity or other online communication problems; errors or limitations of any Internet service providers, servers, hosts or providers; garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; failure of any email transmissions to be sent to or received; lost, late, delayed or intercepted email transmissions; inaccessibility of the Web Site in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestion on the Internet or Web Site; unauthorized human or non-human intervention in the operation of the Promotion, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bug, worm; or destruction of any aspect of the Promotion. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical errors in the announcement of prize or these Official Rules, or any inaccurate or incorrect data contained on the Web Site. Use of Web Site is at user’s own risk. Sponsor and the Promotion Parties are not responsible for any personal injury or property damage or losses of any kind that may be sustained to user’s or any other person’s computer equipment resulting from participation in the Promotion, use of the Web Site or the download of any information from the Web Site. As a condition of entering, entrants (or their parent or legal guardian if an eligible minor) agree (and agree to confirm in writing): (a) to release Sponsor and Promotion Parties from any and all liability, loss or damage incurred with respect to entrant’s participation in the Promotion and the awarding, receipt, possession, and/or use or misuse of any prize, including any traveling related thereto; (b) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (c) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (d) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs. Except if winner is a resident of Tennessee, or where prohibited by law, by accepting the prize, winner grants permission for Sponsor and those acting under its authority to use his/her name, photograph, voice and/or likeness, for advertising and/or publicity purposes, in any and all media now known or hereinafter invented without territorial or time limitations and without additional compensation.
7. DISCLAIMER: COMMENTS POSTED TO THE PROMOTION WEB SITE MAY NOT BE EDITED BY SPONSOR AND ARE THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF THE INDIVIDUAL ENTRANT AND DO NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS OF SPONSOR IN ANY MANNER.
8. WINNERS NAME: For a list of winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope, for receipt by March 31st, 2015 to: POV ‘Biblioburro’ Giveaway Winners List Request, 20 Jay Street, Suite 940, Brooklyn, NY 11201.
9. SPONSOR: American Documentary, Inc./POV, 20 Jay Street, Suite 940, Brooklyn, New York 11201.