- POV Launches POV Shorts, A New Broadcast and Streaming Initiative to Acquire Shortform Documentaries
Announcing POV’s brand-new broadcast initiative to bring audiences more short documentaries.
- Featured Event: Film Fanatics Movie Group, 'Biblioburro', With the Calabasas Library
Join the Calabasas Library in Calabasas, CA for a free screening of ‘Biblioburro’.
- 'Almost Sunrise' Wins 61st CINE Golden Eagle Award for Professional Media
Memories of a Penitent Heart’ was also named a finalist in same category; POV named a finalist in the showcase’s series category.
- AMERICA REFRAMED UNFILTERED: Creating Shadow Theater Re-enactments For Finding Kukan
In the following America ReFramed UNFILTERED contribution, filmmaker Robin Lung discusses an artistic collaboration and the technique she employed to bring aspects of her subject’s story to life.
- Featured Event: Annual Asian American Pacific Islander Observance, 'Cutie and the Boxer' and other films with the U.S. Army Fort Benning and The Maneuver Center of Excellence
Join the U.S. Army Fort Benning and The Maneuver Center of Excellence in Fort Benning, GA for a free screening of ‘Cutie and the Boxer’ and other AAPI films.
- POV Staff Picks: May Day
What do a Forever 21 dress, the World Cup stadium in Qatar, and landscaped yards in Long Island have in common?
- Celebrate #MyAPALife with POV Films
Celebrate Asian Pacific Islander American Heritage Month with films created by, about and for Asian Americans.
- Featured Event: Spiritual Dimensions of War-Time Moral Injury, 'Almost Sunrise' with the Lutheran Theological Southern Seminary
Join the Lutheran Theological Southern Seminary in Columbia, SC for a free screening of ‘Almost Sunrise’.
- POV and AMERICA REFRAMED Win Three Peabody Awards
This is the 21st Peabody Award for POV and its fifth year in a row the series has received the prize; first-ever Peabody for AMERICA REFRAMED
- Featured Event: 'Bill Nye: Science Guy' with the Planetary Society
Join the Planetary Society in Miami, FL for a free screening of ‘Bill Nye: Science Guy’.
- Critical Acclaim for 'Bill Nye: Science Guy'
“’Bill Nye: Science Guy’ offers an absorbing and entertaining portrait, of both the science evangelist and the guy behind him.”
- How to Navigate Tribeca 2018's Strong Documentary Slate
Tribeca’s Director of Programming Cara Cusumano shares her nonfiction recommendations for the 2018 Tribeca Film Festival.
- Featured Event: 'Web Junkie' with the Kern County Library
Join the Kern County Library in Bakersfield, CA for a free screening of ‘Web Junkie’.
- The Creative, Fighting Human Spirit Is Showcased This Year on POV, American Television’s Longest Running Independent Documentary Series
Announcing POV’s 31st season on PBS and pov.org.
- POV's 31st Season Available for Sneak-Preview Screenings
Start the conversation around today’s most-pressing issues with documentary film.
- Four Peabody Nominations for American Documentary's POV and AMERICA REFRAMED Series
This is the fifth year in a row POV films have been nominated for a Peabody, and the first-ever nomination for AMERICA REFRAMED.
- Featured Event: 'Bill Nye: Science Guy' with Kansas City Public Television
Join Kansas City Public Television in Kansas City, MO for a free screening of ‘Bill Nye: Science Guy’.
- How the 2018 Full Frame Documentary Film Festival Hits America's Nonfiction Sweet Spot
The Full Frame Documentary Film Festival is in its 21st year, and it’s hitting America’s nonfiction sweet spot.