On Tuesday, August 9, 2011, POV presents an encore broadcast of the Oscar-nominated documentary Food, Inc.. Check your local PBS listings.
In Food, Inc., filmmaker Robert Kenner lifts the veil on our nation’s food industry, exposing the highly mechanized underbelly that’s been hidden from the American consumer with the consent of our government’s regulatory agencies, USDA and FDA.
After watching the film, visit POV’s Food, Inc. website for interactive features about the film.
- Join a live chat with filmmaker Robert Kenner on Wednesday, August 10, 2011 at 2 PM ET.
- What do you know about GMOs? Take our quiz.
- Watch additional video from Food, Inc. and an interview with director Robert Kenner.
- Has Food, Inc. changed the way you eat? Add a reaction or your review of the film and you might win books by Michael Pollan and Eric Schlosser!
- What’s for Lunch? View a gallery of lunch plates from school cafeterias across the country.
- Read excerpts from Michael Pollan’s Food Rules and The Omnivore’s Dilemma and Eric Schlosser’s Fast Food Nation.
- Read healthy eating tips from nutritionist Marion Nestle and check out some our favorite online resources for sustainable eating, including maps, wallet guides and lists.
Come back to POV’s companion site for Food, Inc. after the broadcast and you could win copies of Food Rules by Michael Pollan or Fast Food Nation by Eric Schlosser!
POV’s 24th season continues Tuesday nights through September 27, concluding with a special broadcast on November 10. Keep up with the films at http://pbs.org/pov, on Twitter @povdocs or on Facebook.