- Critical Acclaim for 'Last Men in Aleppo'
A roundup of some critical acclaim for 'Last Men in Aleppo.'
- Critical Acclaim for 'Dalya's Other Country'
A roundup of some critical acclaim for 'Dalya's Other Country.'
- POV to Spotlight Syrian and Refugee Crises in First Three Weeks of 30th Season
In a series first, following events nationwide commemorating World Refugee Day on June 20, POV’s 30th season opens with three feature films and two shorts about a single subject: the Syrian war and global refugee crisis.
- POV Documentaries 'The Return' and 'Hooligan Sparrow' Finalists for CINE Golden Eagle Award
CINE's 60th Golden Eagle Awards named two POV films as finalists in the "Nonfiction Content/Feature - Current Affairs or Investigations" category.
- POV and American Documentary Receive Shorty Awards Honors
Digital storytelling projects from POV were among this year's honorees for the 9th Annual Shorty Awards. POV received two Audience Honors from the annual contest in the Non-Profit and Snapchat Discover categories.
- See How POV and 'All the Difference' Used Film to Mobilize Audiences Around College Graduation
In partnership with American Graduate and leading organizations around the country, the POV and 'All the Difference' teams launched the national Make All the Difference campaign to support first-generation students on the path to college completion. Read the highlights in the full report.
- POV's 'Tough Love' and America ReFramed's 'The Perfect Victim' are 2016 Silver Gavel Award finalists!
Stephanie Wang-Breal's "Tough Love" (POV 2015) and Elizabeth Rohrbaugh's "The Perfect Victim" (America ReFramed 2015) were named finalists by The American Bar Association for the 2016 Silver Gavel Awards for Media and the Arts!
- POV Wins 2015 IDA Award for Best Curated Series
POV (Point of View) won the IDA Award for Best Curated Series, sharing the honor with Independent Lens at the 31st Annual International Documentary Association Awards this past weekend in Los Angeles.
- POV's Justine Nagan speaks at DOC NYC
Justine Nagan shared insights into her new role as executive director/executive producer of POV and reflections on her days at Kartemquin Films yesterday atDOC NYC’s Insiders Conference.
- POV, America ReFramed receive three 2015 IDA Award nominations!
POV and America ReFramed have been nominated for three 2015 IDA Documentary Awards by the International Documentary Association.
- POV Digital wins three AIVA 2015 Davey Awards!
The Academy of Interactive and Visual Arts (AIVA) has bestowed POV Interactive Shorts with three Davey Awards.
- Spread the Word: 'Point and Shoot' on PBS
Point and Shoot airs tonight on PBS (check local listings), and there's still time to let your community know about the film.
- Spread the Word: 'Neuland' on PBS
Neuland airs tonight on PBS. Check out our sample tweets and let your community know about the film.
- Spread the Word: 'Beats of the Antonov' on PBS
Beats of the Antonov airs tonight on PBS. Check out our sample tweets and let your community know about the film.
- Spread the Word: 'Tea Time' on PBS
Tea Time airs tonight on PBS. Check out our sample tweets and let your community know about the film.
- Spread the Word: 'Return to Homs' on PBS
Return to Homs airs tonight on PBS (check local listings). Let your community know about the film.
- POV Among New Fledgling Fund Grantees
POV is thrilled to be a part of an inspiring class of new Fledgling Fund grantees.
- Emmy 2012: Watch Four Best Documentary Nominees Now Streaming on POV!
Good news doc lovers! POV is pleased to announce streaming of many of its documentaries up for Emmy awards this year, including the four POV films that are up for Best Documentary!