- Upcoming POV Screenings
Winter blues got you down? Lift your mood and sharpen your mind by attending one of our screenings this week, several of which include our more recent broadcast, American Promise. Check out our Local Events Map for a complete list of upcoming screenings near you.
- Watch Now: 'If a Tree Falls' Now Streaming for Free at POV
The Oscar-nominated documentary directed by Marshall Curry is back for free online streaming! Streaming ends January 6, 2013, so make sure you get to watch it before time runs out!
- Watch Now: 'If a Tree Falls,' 'My Perestroika,' and Three POV 2012 Films Back for Free Streaming!
POV fans can now stream If a Tree Falls, My Perestroika, The City Dark, The Light in Her Eyes, and Sun Kissed for free on the POV website!
- 'Kings of Pastry' Now Available for Streaming on POV
Sunday December 9 is National Pastry Day and what better way to celebrate than by sitting down with some scrumptious sweets and watching 'Kings of Pastry,' which is now available for streaming at POV!
- Giveaway: Win a DVD of 'Enemies of the People!'
Enter our giveaway by November 2, 2012, for a chance to win! Ten lucky POV viewers will win a 2-disc special edition DVD!
- Emmy 2012: Watch the Award-Winning POV Films – Free!
Looking to watch some of the best documentaries from the past year? For a limited time, we're streaming the four documentaries that won 2012 Emmy Awards, including Best Documentary Last Train Home.
- Emmy 2012: Watch Best Documentary Emmy Nominee 'Last Train Home'
Last Train Home takes viewers on a heart-stopping journey with the Zhangs, a couple who left infant children behind for factory jobs 16 years ago, hoping their wages would lift their children to a better life. Watch now!
- Emmy 2012: Watch Best Documentary Emmy Nominee 'Armadillo'
For six months, often while under fire, Janus Metz and cameraman Lars Skree captured the lives of young soldiers fighting the Taliban in a hostile and confusing environment. Watch now!
- Emmy 2012: Watch Four Best Documentary Nominees Now Streaming on POV!
Good news doc lovers! POV is pleased to announce streaming of many of its documentaries up for Emmy awards this year, including the four POV films that are up for Best Documentary!
- Emmy 2012: Watch Best Documentary Nominee 'Better This World'
The Emmy-nominated film 'Better This World' about two men accused of intending to firebomb the 2008 RNC, and the controversial FBI informant involved in their case, is now available for streaming!
- June 27 is PTSD Awareness Day
POV announces a new partnership with Where Soldiers Come From (POV 2011) and The Bob Woodruff Foundation. In commemoration of PTSD Awareness Day, learn ways you can get involved with veterans and educate your communities about the issues they face in returning to civilian life.
- Oscar 2012: Watch 'If a Tree Falls' Online at POV, Academy Award Nominee for Best Documentary Feature
The Oscar®-nominated documentary If a Tree Falls: A Story of the Earth Liberation Front (POV 2011) is streaming for a limited time on POV's website.
- POV Docs at Princeton Environmental Film Festival
The Princeton Environmental Film Festival runs from Jan. 26 to Feb. 12, 2012, at Princeton Public Library. The Oscar®-nominated 'If a Tree Falls' screens on Feb. 10 and will be followed by a Q&A with co-director Sam Cullman. 'The City Dark' (POV, 2012) screens on Feb. 11 with filmmaker Ian Cheney in attendance.
- Upcoming POV Community Screenings
Find a POV screening in your area and start marking your calendar with our 2012 events!
- Viewers' Revelatory Reactions to 'Where Soldiers Come From'
A selection of comments about our most recent broadcast.
- Video: 'Where Soldiers Come From' Screens on Capitol Hill
U.S. Senator Carl Levin of Michigan, General Craig R. McKinley and the National Guard Bureau, Military to Medicine and POV recently screened the documentary in Washington, D.C.
- Critical Acclaim for 'Where Soldiers Come From' – Airs 11/10 on PBS
Read what critics have to say about the POV documentary Where Soldiers Come From. Watch it now for free on the PBS mobile app, or tune in to its U.S. broadcast premiere on PBS this Thursday (Nov. 10, 2011).
- Next on POV: 'Where Soldiers Come From'
POV's 2011 season on PBS concludes Thursday, November 10, 2011, with the U.S. broadcast premiere of Where Soldiers Come From, a compelling documentary following childhood friends from Michigan to the battlefield of Afghanistan and back.