- POV | American Documentary, Inc. Announces New Hire to Executive Produce Digital Projects
American Documentary, Inc., producers of the award-winning independent non-fiction film series POV, announced the hiring of Opeyemi Olukemi as vice president of POV's Digital Production and Innovation team.
- A Filmmaker Delves into the Secrecy Surrounding the Death of Her Uncle In 'Memories of a Penitent Heart,' Airing July 31 on POV
Like many gay men in the 1980s, Miguel moved to New York City in search of a life out of the closet. Yet in the midst of the AIDS crisis, his devout Catholic mother pressured him to repent for his homosexuality on his deathbed.
- POV to Spotlight Syrian and Refugee Crises in First Three Weeks of 30th Season
In a series first, following events nationwide commemorating World Refugee Day on June 20, POV’s 30th season opens with three feature films and two shorts about a single subject: the Syrian war and global refugee crisis.
- Reconciling Personal Accounts of the Holocaust in Shalom Italia, Airing July 24, 2017 on POV
Amid hearty Tuscan meals and sweeping landscapes, the octogenarians’ quest unexpectedly swells with humor and clashing memories in 'Shalom Italia.' Directed by Tamar Tal Anati, the film has its national broadcast premiere on July 24 at 10 p.m. on POV
- PBS Acquires 'Bill Nye: Science Guy'
PBS Distribution (PBSd) will release the film in theaters across the country later this year and it will have its broadcast premiere in 2018 via PBS documentary series POV.
- POV Launches Two New Tools: Interactive Bot and New Community Network Website
POV launched two digital tools in June, unveiling a multiplatform bot, the POV Assistant, as well as a redesigned Community Network and Lending Library.
- The Making of a Star—On YouTube—in ‘Presenting Princess Shaw,’ Airing July 17, 2017 on POV
Presenting Princess Shaw has its national broadcast premiere on the PBS documentary series POV (Point of View) on July 17, 2017 at 10 p.m.
- 'Last Men in Aleppo,' Airing July 10, 2017 on POV, Documents Syrian Volunteers' Heroic Work
The White Helmets are the subject of Last Men in Aleppo, the final film in this season's special series highlighting the Syrian conflict and refugee crisis.
- Friends Face Down Syrian Regime in 'The War Show,' Airing July 3, 2017 on POV
POV's three-part series on the Syrian war and refugee crisis continues with 'The War Show,' premiering July 3, 2017 at 10 p.m.
- A Syrian Girl Finds Her Way in 'Dalya's Other Country,' Airing June 26, 2017 on POV
POV's 30th season kicks off with a series of films on the Syrian war and the ongoing global refugee crisis. The first, Dalya's Other Country, follows a young Syrian girl and her mother who have been displaced by the war at home and are adjusting to their new life in Los Angeles.
- POV's 30th Season on PBS Provides Moving Stories on World Conflicts and Compelling Narratives of Humanity's Faith, Courage and Diversity
Starting Monday, June 26, 2017, POV’s 30th season presents powerful stories from the unseen and unheard, and from seemingly distant and disparate communities.
- POV's 'Hooligan Sparrow' Honored at Special Screening for 2017 George Polk Awards
POV's 'Hooligan Sparrow,' which won the 2017 George Polk Documentary Film Award in February, was honored at a special screening at the Brooklyn Academy of Music (BAM) yesterday evening.
- POV Nominated for 4 Peabody Awards
POV has received 4 nominations for the 76th Annual Peabody Awards.
- POV Acquires Second Oscar-Nominated Short '4.1 Miles' for 2017 Broadcast on PBS
An Academy Award nominee in Best Documentary (Short Subject), the film joins Joe's Violin as one of two Oscar-nominated shorts debuting on the public television showcase's 30th season.
- POV Acquires Oscar-Nominated Short 'Joe's Violin' for 2017 Broadcast on PBS
Music Connects Holocaust Survivor and Bronx Schoolgirl in Film Nominated for Academy Award in Best Documentary Short Subject
- American Documentary | POV Kicks off 30th Anniversary Year With New Board Chair, Sundance Premieres and More
Celebrated documentary institution American Documentary | POV announces new board leadership and initiatives coinciding with the organization's 30th anniversary.
- Hospice Patients Embrace Life with Music in POV Documentary 'Seven Songs for a Long Life' to premiere on PBS Series on Monday, Jan. 30, 2017
Hospice care is rarely associated with song and dance, unless the songs happen to be dirges or solemn hymns. But a new hospice-centered documentary, 'Seven Songs for a Long Life,' sings a very different tune.
- What Does a 'Film' Look Like on Snapchat? POV and NowThis Are the First to Bring Independent Films to Snapchat Discover
POV launches 'Snapchat Films' series with two Snapchat-native documentaries available for viewing for 24 hours each this month.