- 4 Tips to Making a Successful Documentary Series: Former EP Cara Mertes on POV's 30th Anniversary
What makes a successful television documentary series? Cara Mertes gives us some tips as part of our blog's ongoing series of former EPs reflecting on 30 years.
- American Documentary Heads Into 2018 With New Board Members
American Documentary (AmDoc), the parent organization of the PBS documentary series POV, announced the addition of John Limotte and Joi Thomas to the board of directors today.
- Former Executive Producer Lisa Heller Reflects on 30 Years
The third letter in our series of letters from past executive producers for POV comes from Lisa Heller.
- From POV Skeptic to POV Executive Producer: Former EP Ellen Schneider Reflects on 30 Years
Continuing our series of letters from past executive producers for POV, Ellen Schneider admits her initial skepticism of the new program, and her surprise when audiences and the press alike couldn't get enough of the show's initial programming.
- Why It's Important to Be Open to Experimentation as a Film Editor
Geoffrey Richman shares why experimenting with ideas in the edit room can lead to great discoveries.
- How It All Began: POV Founder Marc Weiss Talks About The Series' Beginning
POV's founder and first executive producer Marc Weiss writes about the hopes and challenges of creating an entire television series dedicated to independent documentaries.
- POV Season 30 Film 'Last Men in Aleppo' Makes Academy Shortlist for Documentary Feature Oscar
Feras Feyyad's 'Last Men in Aleppo' has made it to the shortlist of 15 films being considered for the Documentary Feature Oscar for the 90th Academy Awards.
- America ReFramed’s 'Class of ’27' Wins Alfred I. duPont-Columbia Award
The acclaimed documentary Class of ’27 has won an Alfred I. duPont-Columbia University Award for broadcast journalism, announced by Columbia University’s Graduate School of Journalism.
- When History is Silent: Overcoming Trauma Through the Restoration of Cultural Memory
As November wraps up, we'd like to honor it as Native American Heritage Month by exploring the themes of history, memory, and trauma in two recently-broadcast America ReFramed films.
- A Poignant Follow Up to 'Almost Sunrise'
"Voices of Resilience: Insight From Injury" short film further explores moral injury
- Three POV Films Nominated for Film Independent Spirit Awards
Three POV films have been nominated for the 2018 FIlm Independent Spirit Awards, announced today by Film Independent.
- American Documentary Announces New VP of Finance and Business Affairs
American Documentary welcomes Kristal Choy, the latest to join as VP of finance and business affairs.
- Season 30 Film 'Last Men in Aleppo' Receives Critics' Choice Documentary Award for Most Innovative Documentary
POV's Season 30 film Last Men in Aleppo received the prize for Most Innovative Documentary at the second annual Critics' Choice Documentary Awards.
- POV Wins News & Documentary Emmy® Award for 'Thank You for Playing'
This was the fourth consecutive year that a POV film received an honor from the awards showcase.
- Stream POV's 2017 Emmy-Nominated Films
In celebration of the 38th Annual News & Documentary Emmy® Awards, four of the 12 Emmy-nominated POV documentaries from last season will be available to stream online at pov.org/video until October 16, 2017.
- Collaboration in the Edit Room: Maya Mumma Shares Her Co-Editing Process
Leigh Johnson is in conversation with Maya Mumma about collaborating with mutiple editors on a film.
- Did the Great American Eclipse just inspire someone to make your next favorite film?
What to watch after tuning into the Great American Eclipse.
- Featured Event: 'Soldiers of Conscience' at the Avalon Branch Library
Join the Avalon Branch Library for a free screening of "Soldiers of Conscience" on July 26, 2017.